SOTHIS ([personal profile] starfelled) wrote2019-09-14 10:45 am

gm premise + house rules + faq.

premise

Garreg Mach has fallen.

Four paths have splintered off into the horizon, carving deeply into the land and leaving the monastery behind them, in ruins.

And yet, on the eve of what would have been the millenium festival, what was thought to be lost for all time returns once more . . .

[community profile] garregmach is an open sandbox for Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Unlike [community profile] bakerstreet and other meme communities, this community is meant to facilitate ongoing storylines between players in a group setting. 

Your character finds themselves back at Garreg Mach -- now in ruins following the events of 1181 -- along with several others. Inexplicably, the area around the monastery seems barren; not even the threat of thieves looms. However, should one tread too far outside of the monastery grounds, they will simply find themselves back where they started. With the dorms in ruins and the merchants long gone, it falls upon those who remain to, well, make the most of things.


Characters will have to work together to make the monastery habitable once more and expand the setting. And perhaps if they work together, they'll be able to find some way to leave . . .





rules

1) Don't be a dick.

2) see rule #1.

3) but seriously, be good to one another. [community profile] garregmach is a chill sandbox meant to bring people together. Don't god-mode, separate IC from OOC (dimitri), and be respectful of other players. If any issues arise, please PM [personal profile] starfelled and I'll look into it.

4) Anyone can post to the community. I will try to have an open post up intermittently, but anyone can post to the comm. Every post should be open for anyone to play in! If you want to do a closed thread to someone specific, just mark it in your subject line in the weekly/monthly/whatever-ly open post. 

5) Mark for sensitive content in the comment subject lines. Anything really nsfw should be moved to character journals.

6) This is an open sandbox; there will be duplicates. Have fun with it! no apps, we die like men. But seeing as such, you need to fill this form out to be accepted to the comm. Commenting is locked to members only currently, but as long as you fill that form out and submit a request to join the community, you should be added within 24 hours. If it's any longer than that, feel free to PM this journal and I'll get on it as soon as I can!

7) don't make me add to this list, seriously, I'm old and tired.






faq

→ who can I play here?

Anyone. It's an open, free-form sandbox. You can play any character from any route in the game. Do you want to play Dimitri from Azure Moon off of a Claude from Verdant Wind? Cool, this comm is down to clown. Interested in playing Sylvain off of a Felix where the two were on different sides of the war and one had to kill the other? You're a monster but yeah, go for it. 

→ what about [insert AU here]?

Yeah, sure. Try to have an info post in your journal if it's something outside the boundaries of, you know, the four paths in the actual game so people know what's up. 

→ how do I join?

Just fill out this form and then submit a request to join the [community profile] garregmach community! Once I've confirmed that you've commented to the player directory, I'll approve your request to join. That's it!

→ how many characters can I play?

look, just don't make me have to accept twenty+ journals from one person to the comm, okay.

→ can I play pre-timeskip characters?

Yes. You can play any character from any point in the game. Maybe they walked through a door and found themselves in the ruined monastery! Or maybe they reached the end of their pathline and found themselves here. It's up to you! 

→ are OCs / other Fire Emblem characters allowed?

Right now, no. I'd rather see if this gets any traction and roll with what's moderately familiar to myself and anyone playing here before dipping in to other elements, if that makes sense? But it's a possibility in the future, certainly.

→ is there a plot, or is this just a glorified dressing room?
 
Y . . . es and no but yes. This "game" isn't a real game beyond having a set of house rules and moderated membership that I actually have to pay attention to. It's an attempt to bring players together to create ongoing storylines and play together and have fun. With that said, I'll probably introduce little plots as time goes on for players to play with and if anyone wants to run anything, go for it. If it requires setting stuff or whatever, PM me and we'll figure it out.

→ MY CHARACTER IS TAKING OVER THE MONASTERY

i'll cut you.

→ can characters die here? What if they were dead before they came here?

Dead characters are pulled from after death; they are alive, though they will have scars from where they had been killed. As for death in [community profile] garregmach, if a character is "killed" in the sandbox? They will get Divine Pulse'd back to life within the hour. That said, come on guys, be cool, this isn't a murderbox, okay. ): 
 
→ how often will a new post go up?

It depends on the playerbase! Ideally, I'll put up a new post every weekend (early Saturday, to avoid the TFLN crunch). If there are active posts on the community though, I'll skip a weekend! A post is never "old," though. This sandbox is meant to facilitate RP and ongoing storylines between players, which is a fancy way of saying "a lot of us are old and tired." So! I'm aiming for a leisurely pace to keep things moving along at an even clip, while allowing for backtagging with ease when it comes to those posts.

→ can anyone put up an open setting-type post?

just don't blow up the monastery or unleash murder monsters on everyone and we good. If it's something borderline and you're not sure, feel free to PM me and I'll give you a thumbs up or down (spoilers: unless it's super sketchy or dramatic, I will probably give you a thumbs up). I would love to encourage people to put the setting to use though and if there's anything I can help with, hit me up!

→ how does time move in this little sandbox?

Time is meant to be nebulous here. It seems to be moving, of course — there's a morning, afternoon, and evening, and so on and so forth. Theoretically, someone could track the days if they wanted to. But they don't seem to get any longer or shorter as they would with the seasons. It's as though the monastery is constantly in the month of the Ethereal Moon. Seeing as such, players are welcome to toy with this as they please. Post-wise, it would be safe to assume that a new post is a new "day," but it can be vague. It's fine.

→ how do I contact the mod? is there a plurk I can follow?

Any mod-related questions can be PMed to [personal profile] starfelled. The community plurk is [plurk.com profile] garregmach and is mostly used for boosting posts and whatnot.
 

questions / comments / anything else I've forgotten go here!